Academy student Taki Minase visits the library to look up information on Walpurgis Night. He consults several dictionaries, but does not know exactly how to spell the word in English. He gets assistance from his fellow student Rika Shiraki, who is also visiting the library after school. She gives her a pamphlet of the Music Appreciation concert she participated in which features the word. Minase then looks it up in an encyclopedia.
Student Kaori Saeki later interrupts Minase and informs him of her magic book reading hobby. After she leaves, Minase takes home a book on Latin and several about magic, covering topics such as demonism and Black Magic.
- GAME1 | Minase: I make an easy escape from the school grounds, and head toward the library.
- GAME1 | Imari: "I mean, you don't even have a library card, do you, Minase?"
- GAME1 | Minase: "Even though it's still light outside, the library always closes promptly at 5."
- GAME1 | Saeki: "Most of the magic books on these shelves are ones that I requested." (...) "Books like these are expensive. That's why I'm taking advantage whenever I can."
- GAME1 | Minase: I find a pretty extensive collection of books on magic. It's almost too extensive for a public library.