Bible Black: Origins
|Release:|| May 25, 2002 – Aug 25, 2002|
Jun 24, 2003
|Runtime:||28-30 minutes (per episode)|
|Episode 1||Black Brand|
|Episode 2||Black Altar|
Bible Black: Origins (Baiburuburakku: Gaiden - バイブルブラック: 外伝) or Bible Black: Gaiden is the second entry in the Bible Black anime series.
The first episode debuted on the 25th of May, 2002 in Japan, during the run of the first series. Both episodes were later adapted and dubbed to English, French, German and Spanish. They are commonly paired together and distributed as a single release.
The episodes are inspired by several flashbacks and descriptions in the original Bible Black game. Some scenes and characters also draw inspiration from story elements present in the game, such as the school assembly scene with Junko Mochida exposing herself and the game's 'bully' characters of Shinjou and Inoue and their gang, who share a similarity with a group of thugs in the anime.
Student Hiroko Takashiro and her friends Rie and Saki start their own unofficial witchcraft club at school. One day, Rie finds a mysterious book, and the group uses the perverted spells contained inside to influence the sexual desires of their classmates, including the student council president Nami Kozono, who has a crush on the young transfer student Reika Kitami.
After Kozono joins the club, they try to summon a demon in preparation of summoning the Devil himself on Walpurgis Night. The ritual backfires, causing Takashiro to have a change of heart about using magic. Kozono defies her and assumes leadership of the club. Vengeful, power hungry and angered about Kitami repeatedly rejecting her advances, she stops at nothing to achieve her goals.
The girls proceed with the summoning ritual, using Kitami as a human sacrifice. But not everything goes according to Kozono's plan. The night changes the life of young Kitami forever, shaping future events.
A list of background and nameless characters from the series in order of appearance.
- Main article: Unnamed Characters in Origins
Below is a list of all significant erotic scenes and the episode(s) in which they appear. See their respective pages for more information.
- Origins uses the same title screen as the La Noche de Walpurgis anime series, showing the same subtitle. The same goes for the Only series.
- Due to its few number of episodes, Origins contains the least erotic scenes of all anime series. The second chapter Black Altar has only two, the least of all episodes.
- In this series, the students of the Academy wear a slightly different version of the iconic school uniform seen in all other Bible Black productions. Most noticeably, the red skirt includes a gold rim near the edge and the tie has a different design.
- For additional episode covers, see episode articles.
- For an overview of all 245 images from the series, see Images from Origins.