|The young and innocent student.|
|Voiced by:|| Kaori Nishijima|
Josephine Clemens (LNdW)
Meg Robinson (NT)
Naïké Fauveau (ep 1-2)
Dominique Vallee (ep 3-6)
Kurumi Imari (伊万里 胡桃 Imari Kurumi) mainly referred to as Imari throughout the series, is a major character featured in the first and second eroge games and the anime series Bible Black: La Noche de Walpurgis and Bible Black: New Testament. She is also featured in a scene and episode of Bible Black: Only.
During her time as a student, Imari becomes the victim of Academy nurse Reika Kitami. The evil witch magically seduces Imari's childhood friend and neighbor Taki Minase who helps kidnap and abuse her. Kitami intends to use Imari's body as a vessel for her soul in an elaborate ritual, but the girl is eventually rescued by Minase after he comes to his senses.
Later in life, Imari joins the police before being recruited by Toru Yuge as a psychic investigator in his Tokken agency, an organization that deals with paranormal crime scenes. While working on a mysterious murder case with her colleague Aki Ichikawa, Imari's body is once again possessed by Kitami who uses it to pursue her evil plans.
- 1 Background
- 2 Appearance
- 3 History
- 4 In the games
- 5 Personality and traits
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 References
During her teens, Imari lives at home next door to Taki Minase with her mother, possibly her father as well. They have been childhood friends since kindergarten and are classmates in their senior year at the same school. Both have been members of the extracurricular art club since their first year, with Imari later serving as the club's president.
Minase's parents asked Imari to take care of their son during their absence. She takes this task quite seriously, and comes over to his house every day to - sometimes violently - wake him up for school. She also occasionally cooks him dinner and shares her lunch. Over the years, Imari has secretly developed a crush on her friend.
Since she was little, Imari has been taking classes in Shorinji KempoWP, a Japanese martial art. She is quite proficient at it, having not only received a black belt, but also winning a national tournament. She uses her skills regularly to wake up Minase for school, like with her vicious Imari Punch.
Imari has large glassy turquoise eyes and long brown hair worn in a ponytail. She wears a very distinctive hair tie shaped like a big orange pearl, an accessory she never takes off.
In her free time she wears a blue jacket under a black top with a wide diagonal stripe design. The jacket has a black collar with an almost identical navy stripe pattern as her school uniform. She wears a white skirt held up by a brown leather belt and blue with white striped knee-high stockings, the same pattern as on her panties. Underneath her top she wears a blue with white bra.
She wears a rather conspicuous shiny orange jacket with a high collar when in civilian clothes. Her somewhat large breasts are supported by a blue wrapped bra that is tied in a knot in the middle. It is later substituted by a strapless black bra. She wears a light blue skirt with black sides, a decorative brown belt and very high black stockings in turquoise colored heels.
She also wears a watch on the inside of her left wrist and earrings sharped like long thin cylinders. Her signature orange hair tie seems to be more ring-shaped now than spherical.
While her body is under Reika Kitami's control, adult Imari also wears both simple red robes and a revealing red dress held up by gold bands wrapped around her neck.
Minase's turn to darkness
At some point during Imari's senior year at school, she witnesses her friend and neighbor Taki Minase attempt to cast a love charm to help their classmate Ayumi Murai gain the attention of fellow student Asada. Soon after, Minase and Imari see Murai and Asada having sex in the school locker room.
The next day, Imari wonders if Minase's spell was really the cause of their sudden actions, but her friend denies this. However, unbeknownst to Imari, the boy is in possession of an ancient book of magic.
When Minase goes off to Kaori Saeki's house, Imari worries about his recent strange behavior. After a call from his cousin Yukiko, Imari plans to make him a curry dinner when she sees him arrive home. Cheerfully she makes her way to his home, but awkwardly catches him having sex with the attractive student council president Rika Shiraki. Shocked and devastated, Imari does not show up at school for several days. She even ignores Minase when he comes to her house and calls out to her.
After a few days, Imari decides to again pick up Minase at his house one morning, but runs away sobbing when he opens the door with Shiraki at his side. At school, Imari avoids Minase's gaze, but later confronts him about his behavior. Minase coldly ignores her questions and warns her not to come to the art club that day.
Scheduled for sacrifice
Imari does not follow up on his advice and catches several club students raping Shiraki and faculty advisor Hiroko Takashiro in the art room by school nurse Reika Kitami's command. Shocked, she begs Kitami and Minase to make them stop but they ignore her. Instead, Minase stuns her using a spell. Before collapsing to the ground, Imari manages to slap him, unknowingly breaking Kitami's magic hold over him.
She is brought to Saeki's apartment and restrained naked to a table by Kitami's followers Jun and Maki. Kitami ties a chastity belt around her crotch to preserve her virginity and force feeds her several aphrodisiac pills, causing Imari to slip into an uncontrollable sexual desire. Kitami then forces Minase to have anal intercourse with her. After that, Imari gives in to her cravings and willingly has anal sex with five of Kitami's male lackeys and Kitami herself.
Exchanging body and soul
Imari is again put to sleep and brought to the basement of the school where she is shackled to the stone altar. On the Night of Walpurgis, Kitami's lackeys hold her down to allow their mistress to take her virginity and exchange bodies with her. Minase attempts to stop the evil nurse by reciting the Forbidden Spell, but is too late. Imari sees Kitami's childhood memories flash before her eyes, and though her own soul does not fully enter Kitami's body, Kitami's does successfully embed itself into hers.
Over the next few days, life for both Imari and Minase seemingly goes back to normal. The pair finally confess their love for each other and passionately kiss and make love in Minase's bed.
However, upon hearing that Minase has brought the Bible Black back to the school basement, which is due to be sealed off with concrete, Imari makes her way down and discovers Kaori Saeki uncovering the magic tome. With a powerful gaze, Imari sets the book alight in blue flames, destroying it. She then reveals a large penis between her legs and proceeds to violently have sex with Saeki, maliciously reveling in the feeling of her new body.
Professor Takashiro eventually discovers that Kitami's soul has managed to live on inside Imari. She finds a way to seal the nurse inside and consequently makes Imari forget about the events that transpired on Walpurgis Night.
During Imari's last school year, she is brutally assaulted by a male classmate. He grabs her from behind in one of the hallways, drags her into the gymnasium store room and rapes her. Imari wildly resists at first, but eventually gives in. Afterwards, the boy takes Imari's panties with him and leaves her behind alone.
Imari is also at some point lured back to the basement of the school where Saeki performs a sexual ritual on her, thereby somehow transferring Kitami's essence back into the girl.[more specific information needed, requires Japanese to English translator]
Career as a psychic investigator
Sometime after her time at school, Imari pursues a career with the police. Her encounter with Kitami seems to have granted her some psychic abilities, allowing her to successfully point out a rapist and killer from a crowd during a murder investigation. Doing so, she attracts the attention of Toru Yuge, who recruits Imari into his paranormal agency Tokken.
As a Chief Investigator of Tokken, Imari and her team later look into a series of puzzling and gruesome murders that have all occurred during sexual intercourse.
Her investigation leads them to the Academy where Imari was once a student. Using her psychic powers on one of the victims, Imari deduces that a new magic circle is active in the school. A mysterious robed girl suddenly appears over the scene and casts a powerful lightning spell. She and Yuge escape unharmed.
Soon after, Imari and Yuge explore the school's basement that still shows signs of habitation. Imari reveals to her boss that she remembers being inside the room years ago.
Imari later makes her way to a bank with her fellow investigator Aki Ichikawa in order to recover an artifact related to one of the murders. They stumble upon a robbery in progress and are taken hostage.
One of the robbers takes her and Aki to one of the bathrooms, knocks out her colleague and, after violently raping two bank clerks, gropes Imari and starts reciting an incantation. Upon hearing the words, Imari starts to feel her consciousness slipping away, and the soul of the evil witch Reika Kitami once again revives within her, breaking through Takashiro's seal.
- The following paragraphs are transcluded from the Reika Kitami article.
The search for the woman in red
Now the dominant soul in Imari's body once again, the witch rips apart her restraints and immediately kills the bank robber leader, breaking his neck in one swift motion. She proceeds to 'test out' her body by raping one of the female bank clerks with her penis which has resurfaced along with Kitami's soul.
Having apparently gained all of Imari's knowledge, she turns her attention back to the artifact. She grabs the safety deposit box key and retrieves a small black object, the Spear of Longinus, and makes her way outside as police storm the bank.
Later, she reconvenes at the Tokken special investigators headquarters, still pretending to be Imari, and learns of the mysterious resurrection of Yuki Toudou in the hospital, the student girl presumed to have been killed on the Academy roof.
Imari/Kitami makes her way to the school with Aki and marches straight down the basement where they discover a perverted ritual in progress, presided over by Kaori Saeki, now a teacher and again leading a witchcraft club. She taunts Aki as they spy on the ritual members then knocks her out using a spell before rejoining Saeki and her club, who have apparently been anticipating the return of their mistress.
The witch then impregnates a tied down Aki in order to fulfill the prophecy of the so-called woman in red mentioned in the writings of occultist Aleister Crowley. She dunks the Spear of Longinus in a semen filled chalice and inserts it into Aki's vagina, then has anal sex with her until a mysterious light suddenly fills up the room, creating a barrier around Aki and preventing her from being vaginally penetrated. Imari/Kitami and the other girls leave the basement, leaving Aki behind unconscious.
Recollection and revenge
Sometime later, Imari/Kitami is confronted by Hiroko Takashiro at a greenhouse. The woman reveals that she knows of her true identity, but Imari/Kitami is unimpressed and stuns her with the help of her followers, among them Yuki Toudou, and proceeds to rape her while verbally reminiscing over the fact that Takishiro successfully stole her Minase.
As her followers water torture the kidnapped teacher Rika Shiraki, Imari/Kitami makes her way back to the Tokken headquarters, meeting former police investigator Naoto Yamanishi, who has been researching Imari's past. She drugs his coffee with some sort of stimulant and reveals herself as Kitami, whom Yamanishi had a crush on during his youth and made love to at his school.
Surrounded by her devotees, Imari/Kitami lets the boy have sex with Saki Kiriya, the current student council president and one Saeki's followers. Yamanishi in his mind believes her to be Kitami, however. The witch performs a ritual by cutting into her hand and collecting a mix of semen and blood in the golden chalice. The mixture is poured over Yamanishi, corrupting his mind and body into a diabolic sexual perversion.
Imari/Kitami then lets him aggressively have sex with Saeki until a yellow magic barrier suddenly forms around them. She successfully dispels it, leaving only Yuki left standing. She now realizes it was through her that her mysterious adversary Jody Crowley managed to disturb her ritual.
Soon after, she has Yuki tied up and brutally tortured by Saeki and Kiriya for her betrayal. She then violates the girl herself while probing her about Jody, but Yuki does not answer, enraging Imari/Kitami and pushing her to torture the girl and her other victim Shiraki even more.
The final ritual
Imari/Kitami, her followers and victims, later gather in the Academy basement for an exuberant orgy in preparation of her ritual involving Aki. She orders Saeki to retrieve Yamanishi before attempting to stab Aki with a sharp dagger when she returns. The dagger is deflected, however, and Jody reveals herself with her two female guards to interrupt the ritual. The witches briefly exchange spells before Saeki suddenly grabs Imari/Kitami and holds her down, revealing she has been turned over to Jody's side.
Now in complete control, Jody takes over the ritual and has sex with Imari/Kitami, causing Imari's soul to briefly resurface.
Jody then attempts to impregnate Aki, but is blocked when the Spear of Longinus artifact shoots out of Aki's body and forms the infamous Bible Black which Imari/Kitami had been searching for. Dark purple arms shoot out from the book when the intervening Tokken chief Toru Yuge shoots its metal seal with a gun.
The hands then grab hold of Jody's and Kitami's soul and the Devil's voice resonates, offering them a contract. Jody accepts and both souls are dragged into the book. Kitami desperately calls out to her former lover Yamanishi, who has come to his senses and tries to grab her hand. But he is too late. The souls disappear and the also present Takashiro quickly seals the book into the floor with her magic, trapping Kitami's and Jody's souls inside.
- Transclusion ends.
Imari, now back in control of her body, returns to work for Tokken soon after when life around the Academy seemingly turns back to normal. However, unbeknownst to her, Kitami's face briefly flashes on her colleague Aki's computer screen when she checks up on her, indicating that the evil witch might not be gone forever after all.
In the games
In all but two endings, Kitami succeeds with her ritual and switches her body with Imari, sending the latter's soul to hell in place of her.
In the Evil Never Dies Ending, Minase decides that he does not want Imari to be sacrificed and murders Kitami during the ritual's climax to save her. Imari later joins Minase's empire with Saeki as an executive.
In the True Ending, Minase and Takashiro use the Forbidden Spell to stop Kitami. The witch, enraged that her plan was foiled, decides to take Imari to hell along with her but fails at the last moment. The saved Imari reunites with Minase and they confess their love for each other.
Personality and traits
In her youth, Imari has a shy and kindhearted personality, treating her fellow students with honesty and an open heart. Although somewhat impressionable, Imari also has a temper she often loses when her friend and neighbor Taki Minase teases her. She is quick to hit him when he makes one of his insinuating jokes and regularly uses violence to get him out of bed. Imari is also a little bit of a stickler; she is never late for school and never missing her art club meetings.
Imari is an animal and dog lover and a decent chef, often cooking for Minase when his older cousin is not at home. She also takes great pride and effort into preparing the occasional lunch for him, and even here her childish personality shines through by the use of girly utensils and cute food shapes.
Despite her cheerful demeanor, young Imari can be sensitive and easily upset or concerned, such as when Minase visits classmate Kaori Saeki. She even refrains from coming to school after she catches Minase in the act of having sex with Rika Shiraki, choosing to rather sulk on her bed, deeply upset and likely envious due to her secret crush on the boy. She even defiantly ignores him when he comes to her house. However, according to Minase, she rarely cries, especially not in front of people.
As an adult, Imari's personality changes radically, possibly due to the influence of Reika Kitami's soul embedded within her. She becomes cool, reserved and a lot more serious. She does not even flinch when she witnesses a robber brutally murder a female bank clerk when she is held hostage. But despite her calm demeanor, she still retains some of her friendly and helpful attitude, especially to her young Tokken colleague Aki Ichikawa.
As a young girl, Imari seems to shy away from sex and nudity in general, but she does masturbate several times a week, a fact she reluctantly admits to Reika Kitami after the evil nurse kidnaps her.
Her sexual orientation appears to be straight, but most of her interest in sex and perversions seem to originate from the use of aphrodisiacs. She does willingly have sex with her friend Minase after he saves her, even asking him to have anal intercourse - something for which she has developed a fondness for.
Not much is known about her sexual preferences and activity as an adult, as her body is quickly possessed by the perverted mind of Kitami.
- It is not obvious in the Bible Black: Only scene when exactly Imari is assaulted by her fellow student, but she was a virgin during the events of the first series, evidenced by the fact Kitami was able to at least partially embed her soul inside her on Walpurgis Night. It is is therefore likely the assault took place after the events of the first series.
- It should also be noted that despite Imari's apparent martial arts proficiency, she was quite easily subdued by her assailant in Only. Her Shorinji Kempo classes are only mentioned in the first game, however.
- Though this wiki considers Bible Black: Only to be canon and part of the overall story, none of the events depicted in this series directly affect the continuity of the main Bible Black series. It is therefore not effectively clear if the events in the Imari Rape Scene episodes are simply part of a fictionalized alternate side-story, which may not have occurred.
- It is not clear if Kitami was aware of being inside of or in control of Imari's body after her own died on the ritual night. It is possible she is only able to resurface from time to time. Perhaps as a result of the Forbidden Spell.
- Despite Imari being her surname, almost all characters, including her close friend Minase, refer to her by this name. Only in rare instances is her full name mentioned in the anime. For example, Yukiko Minase calls her Kurumi-chan when asking her to cook for her 'brother' in the second episode. And at the end of the final episode, Kitami says Imari's full name when she exclaims how wonderful the body of Kurumi Imari feels.
- Imari appears in almost every Bible Black production, with the exception of Origins.
- In her teens, Imari wears striped white and blue panties, or Shimapan, somewhat of a recurring fashion staple in Japanese anime.
- Kurumi is the Japanese word for walnut.
- The character Celicia Lockhart from Closed Game, another game with the involvement of Bible Black creator Sei Shoujo, appears to be a homage to Imari. Both are the main heroine of the game and a childhood friend of the protagonist with a tomboyish trait, strong-willed personality and skilled in fighting. Both also have a rich blond-haired girl as a love rival.
- For an overview of all 221 images of Kurumi Imari, see Images featuring Kurumi Imari.
Making her way to school.
On the phone with Yukiko.
Feeling the aphrodisiac effects.
Becoming Kitami's plaything.
Climaxing with Minase.
Her body taken by Kitami.
Held at gunpoint with Aki.
Overpowered by Jody.
- S1E2 | Yukiko: "Do you know what happened to Kurumi-chan? I went to thank her, but her mom said she shut herself up in her room..."
- GAME1 | Minase: Her name is Kurumi Imari, She's a neighbor of mine, Imari and I go way back. I've known her since kindergarten, We're what you'd call childhood friends. And now we're classmates, as well.
- GAME1 | Minase: Imari pretty much forced me to join this club. This was back when we were freshmen,
- GAME1 | Minase: "You're the president of the club, Imari. If both the president and the V.P. ditch the meeting, we'll be setting bad example, remember?"
- GAME1 | Minase: She's taken advantage of the fact that my parents asked her to look after me; now it's part of her daily routine to disrupt my sleep,
- S1E2 | Yukiko: "I'm sorry Kurumi-chan! Please cook for my brother tonight."
- GAME1 | Minase: "If the receiver of the spell has any feelings for the one who casts it, it's doubtful whether the spell will take effect. False love is powerless before true love..."
- GAME1 | Minase: Imari's been taking shorinji kempo lessons since she was small.
- GAME1 | Minase: Imari always finished what she starts, so she's been practicing ever since. She's even won a national tournament. She's got what it takes to make short work of your average male thug.
- GAME1 | Imari: "I'm going to count to 3. If you're not up by then, I'm going to give you an Imari Punch!"
- GAME1 | Minase: Since Imari likes dogs and is an animal-lover in general, maybe she'll like doing it doggie-style.
- GAME1 | Minase: Now that I think about it, Imari does cook when Yukiko is away, and she's a pretty good cook.
- GAME1 | Imari: "I put a lot of effort in making this, so eat up." (...) "I tried very hard, you know. I tried hard to cook better"
- GAME1 | Minase: Imari points to the sausage shaped like an octopus, and a carrot shaped like a star. If your mom was still making your lunch, it'd be the kind of silly food you'd get to bring to a picnic. (...) I grabbed a cute-looking girly fork in my hand.
- GAME1 | Minase: Imari hardly cries at all. She doesn't ever cry in front of people...
- S1E4 | Imari: "I masturbate. (...) A-About three times a week."